Sunday, July 12, 2009

MUD VOLLEYBALL

I officially retract any and all statements I made to anyone about not wanting to play in the mud volleyball tournament at Sandy Downs on Saturday, July 11th. In fact, if I ever hear of another mud volleyball tournament, I will be the first to sign up!

Unfortunately, we got our butts kicked, but our whole team was going into this blind. We were clearly under qualified for a tournament of this magnitude. This was SO not a time to play by the rules. In fact the only rules I recall being enforced was 1) The serve had to make it over the net without touching & 2) the flags represented the out of bounds lines. But other than that it was all about putting on a muddy, redneck show!


Tello was thrilled to be the unofficial winner of the unofficial wet T-shirt contest!
We got Shon to join us in the tournament. He was great! The best part was when the ball was coming right to him and he was preparing for the perfect spike. Too bad for him though, when he went to jump & spike the ball he got absolutely no where and the ball fizzled to the ground. OOPS! Ya can't jump when your feet are suctioned into a foot of mud.
Tello so totally fit in at this whole shenanigan. He was totally in his element. The only difference between him and the other hundreds of rednecks participating in this filthy sport was that while he definitely talked the talk he didn't walk the walk. (He looked just as wild as the rest, but he was not drunk... or drinking :)

Shon was shocked to find out all these tall, hot chicks were barely 16 years old. In fact only 1 of them is, 2 are 15 & 1 is 13.

I love my little nephew Shon! He's such a trooper!

And although we may have puked our guts out, we never puked our hearts out & that's what really counts!

5 comments:

The Cheney Family said...

Where's the tickets to the gun show? Dang!!
That looks so fun! I want to do that!

Yeehaw said...

Rock on! Do you think mud volleyball would be a good idea for the Island Park reunion this year?

eljcranch said...

WHAT A BLAST! Just think, Joanna, if it weren't for Tello, you would be missing out on an awful lot of FUN, and embarrassing moments!!! I am up for that kind of fun too.

Michelle W. Nate said...

This looked like so much fun! Wish I was there.

paulak said...

That looked like so much fun! Truly.