Wednesday, November 26, 2008

November

What a crazy month! November has gone by so fast and I feel really wore out. I spent more time socializing this month than I have since probably high school. That, on top of the regular taking care of 5 kids, a husband, the house, book work for the office, increase in BPO's, and extra Dr. visits, I have been running like mad!
Here's some of the "extras" I managed to squeeze in this month....
880 pears takes 3 women, 1 hubby, and 17 kids running wild thru my house approximately 3 days to bottle, dry and make into jam. I'm confident had there not been 17 kids, which included 4 in diapers, 2 trying to sneak off to kiss & 4 who spent more time fighting than playing, it would have taken a significant less amount of time, but that wasn't the case.



We had some great midnight entertainment by Jill who was taking on every challenge she could come up with, including pealing pears, (which she lost to Tello) standing on her head (which she won) and doing push-ups (she lost that to Nakia). Now that was some good quality entertainment!

Ben had a Veterans day program which he was not about to let me forget to come to. He memorized his part and was thrilled that he was one of the very few who didn't have to read it.
Super Friday/Saturday was an event I was conned into taking an active role in. I was asked to come up with some ideas for easy Christmas cards to make as one of the projects, I had no idea when I agreed to that little task I would be a full time committee member which required 2 long days at the church and one even longer day shopping in Idaho Falls with Jill & 4 little girls. The most disturbing part of it all was some of the conversations I found myself in with Jill. She should go into syko-therapy, or maybe go to syko-therapy :-)

I had a card club I went to in Preston one night, the mutual girls came here to scrapbook another night. There was 2 separate days of parent teachers conferences, I had to give a lesson in Relief Society, which always stresses me out, I've been on a kick that I am determined to make sugar cookies that are worthy of sharing. After 5 different recipes and many days and hours of mixing, rolling, cutting, cooking, & decorating I can honestly say- they are getting better. I still wouldn't take a plate of them to a neighbor for a little neighborly friendship. I can't forget the day we pulled the kids out of school early to go watch Twilight! We went to the 4:00 show at Edwards Theatre in Idaho Falls and got there about 10 minutes before it started and the only available seat were in the front row...

And yesterday I hosted a desert dwellers hair cutting party that started about 11:30 am and went till about 6:30 pm. Once again there was 17 kids along with 7 adults. The sight was picture worthy as a dozen kids piled off the school bus all en route to the same destination, but we were all too busy inside cleaning & calming 5 screaming babies to rush out & snap a picture. I'm still surprised Tello stuck around the whole day. He must enjoy the chaos more than he's letting on. Sara came down from Rexburg to give a few haircuts. After 7 hours of standing on her feet she gave a total of 9 haircuts, 1 man, 3 ladies, 3 girls, 2 babies, & 1 highlights. What an eventful day.

As if that's not enough I have pink eye or a sty, not sure, I'm too cheap to go to the Dr. to find out & it's not going away. How long are these things supposed to last anyway?

6 comments:

The Cheney Family said...

9 hair cuts thats all? I did 28 hair cuts today and that is 8 hrs.

The Cheney Family said...

Joanna, you should give the picture of yourself with the pears to Tello in a vanentine's day card next year. That was funny, and I also love your hair!

Yeehaw said...

So I guess this is my chance to leave a comment equally as harsh as the recent ones you've left me...
Naa! I do enough crying for the both of us.
I think you're a pretty amazing woman! Thanks for opening your home up to all of us & for being a good friend.
I love you!

Joanna said...

Man, I am one pathetic looser. I think I'm being all funny when I leave sarcastic comments on Marlo's blog but it is really hurting her feelings cuz she is pregnant (no explanation required)& in reality I'm just jealous cuz everybody loves Marlo and so I mask my feelings of jealousy with sarcasim and that's not cool, sorry Marlo

Linda said...

Notice Tello's the only one NOT smiling in that last picture. He must really like you, Jo.

Lorraine said...

Okay, I have to say, I LOVE the picture of you at the bottom of othis post. You are such a hoot!! I hope your life slows down and that your eye gets better soon. Love, Lo!