Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ben's Party All Night Long

Ben is 10. He claims he feels older, smarter and more mature now.
For his birthday I let him have a sleep over party. What started out with just 3 friends turned into 13. I had a house full smelly, gross, loud, obnoxious boys. But, I actually enjoyed it and I know they did too.


We started out by going to the skate park. The plan was to spend 3 or 4 hours there and really let them get wore out......




Unfortunately, after about 30 minutes a terrific storm came in and we were forced to pile into the suburban, all 17 of us. My back up drivers were still hours away since they were told they didn't need to be to the skate park to help haul kids to my house until 6. Since it was obvious the storm wasn't going to pass anytime soon, I hesitantly made the 12 mile trek home with kids piled high.

After a couple hours the rain quit and the boys were kicked outside! They enjoyed a great hot dog roast around the campfire that they built. They managed to suck down 30 hot dogs, 3 bags of chips, a case of soda & 2 bags of marshmallows in about 15 minutes then play a competitive game of soccer.
About an hour after their feast they were ready for cake and ice cream

Ben was very specific of how he wanted his cake to look...

He wanted his cake to reenact his victorious goal he made during AYSO this past summer.

In the words of Ben, "I want a soccer ball to hit the bottom left corner then go in the goal that I hit with my left foot."

I'm still in the beginning stages of cake decorating, so this is the best I could come up with.


The boys were all taking bets on who was going to stay up all night. I know they all made it past 2am before I finally passed out. When I went down at 7am to check on them this is what I saw...

Kaden, Cody & Nate seem to have stayed up all night,

Payson, Deaken, TJ, Colton, Ben & Dallen claim they made it till 6am. (Andy went to his bed at 9pm and didn't want to be disturbed and didn't think it was one bit funny that the rest of the boys kept waking him up in different annoying attempts. Tory, Justin, Zac & Zahrah all went home at bed time.)

What an awesome party it was!

4 comments:

paulak said...

You are a cool mom!

paulak said...

Do you know the comment above...if not, don't open it...just delete it. There are comments that are viruses.

Michelle W. Nate said...

Wow! You are a brave woman. 3 kids would have been chaos...13? I give you an award for that one.

Yeehaw said...

Looks like it was a good thing I made Zahrah come home... that's a lot of little boys for one girl to handle!