Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Boating

We recently purchased a boat from my brother, (He got a newer, cooler one). Last summer I had said to Tello that by next may I will have a boat, and although I didn't get the boat until the end of June, I did get one! Amazing how affirmations work. I'm totally into this "secret" stuff.

So we get this boat and take it out a few times to Jensens Grove, which is quite a small little swimming hole, but it's great for an hour or two of boating. I grew up water skiing and tubing so I just assume ALL kids love it. However our first day out we only had one brave child, Nakia, who actually stayed on the tube so long she got burns on her elbows. But even she wasn't brave enough to water ski. So the next time out I had to show the kids how it's done! The last time I water skied was 14 years ago when I was pregnant with Nakia (my how time flies) but water skiing is like riding a bike and it just comes back to ya. So ofcourse I got up on my first try, & was feeling pretty confident when BAM! I wiped out hard core! I was so sore I could hardly move for 4 days. What a wus! So our next time out Angelea, Andy, & Colton (the boys friend) braved up and got on the tube, had a great time & so next was Ben's turn. He did not want to go and get saying "I just don't feel good about this" After awhile Tello was fed up with him and threw him in. The whole time he was bawling & screaming. I figured once he got on the tube he would decide it really was fun & he'd chill out & enjoy it. NOPE! After about 5 minutes of being pulled on the tube, screaming bloddy murder the whole time, Tello finally stopped and let him get in the boat. Boy was he MAD!

The Part the made me want to rip my hair (& his) out was the next day he comes to me and says, "I don't really hate you mom, I just wasn't use to that tube, but now I am & I want to go again. Can we go today?"

Sometimes Ben's obsessive behavior does not work to his benefit!














Francine loved being pulled on the tube, and she threw a fit as well, but it was because she had to get off. She was so cute. She waved to everbody as we went past them.

2 comments:

The Cheney Family said...

That's awesome that you got a picture of Ben screaming his head off! You and Francine look so cute!

Yeehaw said...

Uh, I think you forgot to invite us... we could have had matching pictures of Zac & Ben throwing equal fits!